I know its sale season. I have been receiving text messages and reading blog posts about sales left and right. Friends who just came back from Singapore have told me about the sales there as well. People at work have proudly worn their sale purchases and have been urging me to go while the sales are still going on. If I was my usual self, I would have palpitated in a heartbeat! But amidst all the frenzy, I find myself surprisingly calm and collected. For some reason, I feel no urge to shop. No desire to step into the malls and see for myself what treasures await me. I wonder why?
Its funny though because I am not alone with these sentiments. My friend Nina, who can sniff out a sale (without the benefit of getting tipped off by the store associates ha, just by pure gut feel! No kidding!) just came back from HK and she didn't go berserk the way she normally would. Something is in the air and I can't point out why.
- Maybe because I know I have to prioritize saving over spending?
- Maybe I am finally living out the French woman philosophy of saving until I can buy the best bag/pair of shoes that my money can buy?
- Maybe because I've realized I really have more than enough clothes and shoes. (Hmm, I did ask Debbie to make a shirtdress for me, and had my tita make me a few more dresses, but that doesn't count as shopping right? But see, my mom actually left for Hongkong with her friends a couple of days ago, and I couldn't think of anything I wanted at all, so I never asked her to get me anything).
- Maybe because I guess this means I've matured?
- Or maybe because at the back of my mind, I'm thinking of going to Woodbury Common soon?
Hahaha! But seriously, I myself am amazed at this Zen like experience, like I am detached from all those red tags and % OFF signs! I mean I still love clothes, gorgeous bags and shoes, and pretty accessories, but I feel like I can live without having them all. I am content and grateful for what I have now.
I honestly can't say how long this feeling will last, but I believe that this is my greatest and bestest "find" this sale season.