Berry wears an army jacket from Gingersnaps, striped shirt from H&M, Garfield tuxedo stripe leggings from SM Kids Fashion and booties from a costume for her school program
How were the past few days like for you and your family?
We pretty much stayed home, because the rains were scary strong. Spent our days puttering around, organizing the home, baking pies, and then eventually sorting out old clothes for donations and making arrangements with friends to pick up and deliver goods for MOMSHARE's donation drive for displaced families. Let's all help out any way we can!
We also played dress up a bit. I found these super cool tuxedo stripe leggings by Garfield at SM Kids Fashion in Megamall. Super reasonably priced at Php369.75 only.
If you haven't been going to SM these days, well, I am telling you that you should. There are just so many great finds that won't break the bank. Just check out the Hello Kitty section at The SM Store at SM Aura:
Hello Kitty dresses, shirts, shorts and more...
more Hello Kitty shirts, leggings, skirts, sleepwear...
While SM Kids is super nice at SM Aura, the best place to go, in my opinion, is still at SM Megamall. The area is really sprawling with great finds. Whether your little ones are girls...
I got the Batman shirt for Xavi for Php200+. The cotton is nice and sturdy and Xavi is fascinated with the shiny bat, teehee.
I find it so much fun to shop for the kids at SM because I love getting great deals on their clothes. They grow so fast that it just makes sense to not splurge on clothes they wear for everyday. The secret to buying at department stores though is that you need to be more discriminating, so that you don't end up with clothes that you'd have to dispose of after a few uses. Here are some tips to keep in mind when bargain hunting for kids clothes:
1. Material. Choose clothes that are breathable, better if made from 100% Cotton. The Toon Fest t-shirts I've bought so far are all 100% cotton and the prints are not the type to flake off. Good quality stuff, enough to last for years.
2. Comfort. Always inspect for fabric that might be itchy (like hard tulle or chemically treated fabrics), zippers or studs that may be uncomfortable or that may poke, and clothes that do not fit right.
3. Sizing. It is always better to buy 1-2 sizes bigger so that kids can grow into their clothes, rather than purchasing something that might fit perfectly at the store but might shrink in the wash.
4. Workmanship. Cheap is not an excuse for shoddy workmanship and quality. There are many reasonably priced clothing that are well made too. Check if zippers pull up and down smoothly. See if buttons need reinforcing. Look for sturdy stitching.
5. Style. You can never go wrong with classic styles. I think 80% of a child's clothes should be all about the basics. Of course, trendy is a whole lot of fun too! I always throw in a trendy piece into Berry's wardrobe, but I do not spend a fortune on trendy clothes. Berry's neon pink denim shorts, and tuxedo striped leggings range from Php200-Php300 only.
6. Spend on shoes. What I save on Berry's clothes, I channel into her shoe fund. I make it a point to only buy shoes that are well-made, comfortable and sturdy. What's the point of buying so many pairs when she'll only end up wearing 1 or 2 pairs most of the time, i.e. the comfortable ones only? We love Salt-water sandals, Yosi Samra, TOMS, Tip Toey Joey, Superga, Bensimon and Feiyue!
Want to add more to your list of great finds at SM Kids? Then join Week 3 of the SM Kids Toon Fest Giveaway!
SM Kids Fashion and yours truly are giving a way Php1,500 GCs to a reader per week, to spend at SM Kids anyway you like. We're throwing in a Toon Fest lootbag too, to be claimed during the Toon Fest event any time between August 30 to September 1, 2013.
Just answer the question, "What is your best shopping find at SM Kids Fashion"? via a comment on this blog post.
Don't forget to follow SM Kids Fashion on Facebook and @smkidsfashion on Twitter and Instagram, using the Rafflecopter widget below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you joined the last giveaway and did not win, join this round. This could be your chance!
P.S. - Congratulations to Eleanore Teo for winning our Week 2 Giveaway!