Heart and Bolt's Primadonna Php 950 and Morse code bracelet Php550-950
For Mother's Day, I received some delicate, super cute jewelry from Heart and Bolt.
I love them so much, that I've worn a piece, or three every single day since I got them.
They remind me of Catbird Jewelry, sweet, stackable and makes a subtle statemement.
Except that Heart and Bolt is a homegrown brand, created and designed by Yendy Yu. The pieces are either made from 14 k gold filled non tarnish components, or sterling silver dipped in gold (vermeil), and because it's Manila-based, much more accessible and affordable.
You can really afford to pile them on, like so:
Or choose to wear a few pieces at time, with your favorite watch. Either way, they're equally stylish.
Here's showing you a few of the designs that Yendy has come up with, check out her Instagram, heartandbolt and Like the Heart and Bolt Facebook page to see more!
Infinity & Primadonna bracelets, Anchor, Initial and wishbone pendants (wishbone is Php1,850)
moon & star necklace
barre bracelet, ballsy ring, horseshoe necklace, evil eye sapphire bracelet
evil eye bracelets
cute packaging - craft paper boxes with black grosgrain ribbon
Before you go grab yourself a stack of Heart and Bolt bracelets and necklaces, I'd like to leave you with Yendy's tips on how to properly care for and clean your gold filled and vermeil jewelry:
About Gold Filled jewelry:
- Gold filled is an actual layer of gold-pressure bonded to another metal.
- Gold filled is not to be confused with gold plating as filled literally has 100% more gold than gold plating. Gold filled is much more valuable and tarnish resistant. It does not flake off, rub off or turn colors. As a matter of fact, anyone who can wear gold can wear gold filled without worries of any allergic reaction to the jewelry
- Gold filled jewelry is an economical alternative to solid gold!
- Vermeil is an overlay of 14kt gold on sterling silver.
- This ensures a quality metal as opposed to base metals under your gold.
- The most important tool against tarnish is preventative care.
- Keep your jewelry in an air-tight bag with an anti-tarnish strip or an air-tight jewelry box.
- Filled and vermeil jewelry is sensitive to scratching and cleaning, so if you need to polish your jewelry, use only a dry and soft clean cloth.
- Do not use a silver polishing cloth as it will remove the 14kt overlay from the silver. For severe tarnish or cleaning, you can use a gold polishing cloth lightly, but repeated or excessive use will ruin the surface of the jewelry.